The National Druggist Volume 52

The National Druggist Volume 52

By (author) 

List price: US$14.68

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1922 edition. Excerpt: ...cases of botulinus poisoning, which resulted in a few deaths, threw such a scare into public and dealers in this article that the sales went down to zero, and stayed there. Although fully 95 per cent of the pack had been put up so as to insure against poisoning, the remaining 5 per cent evidently had not, with the inevitable result that the whole industry suffered from the consequences. Now after some two years time, during which thousands upon thousands of dollars have been spent by the growers in advertising the fact that their product is absolutely safe, and that a recurrence of the poisoning is impossible, the industry is slowly recovering. All this just because the proper'measures were not taken in the first place to protect the public's health. You know the people are very touchy on this health stufi. A man will go out and buy something in a bottle. from a person, who admits freely and without shame, that he is breaking the law, and the man will imbibe with much gusto the contents of the bottle, and after a few drinks care not one jot whether he is soaking up poison or nectar. But the moment that some individual buys something at a fountain that doesn't seem to sit right, he lets out a howl to high heaven that can be heard for miles, and then some. All of which but goes to prove the perversity of human nature. However. this is a condition that the fountain man is up against at all times. So instead of kicking against the nnchangeable, the wise soda man takes the precaution of not running foul of public opinion. 'c have seen more than one fountain business practically ruined because the finger of suspicion had been leveled at it. because of some case of ptomaine poisoning, due to food eaten in the establishment. In every...show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 458 pages
  • 189 x 246 x 24mm | 812g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 1236888073
  • 9781236888075