N.E.L.A. Bulletin Volume 8

N.E.L.A. Bulletin Volume 8

List price: US$54.76

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1921 edition. Excerpt: ...and we agreed that the telephone companies would be taken on the same basis. We agreed that no precedent, no matter by whom established, should act as a barrier to the solving of the question along economic lines. We agreed, as a matter of record, to employ an attomey who would work out the socalled precedents in order that they might be discussed, so as to get an understanding of where these questions of contact-had arisen in the past. were not possible to set up something which would eliminate, perhaps, 90 per cent of the troubles which have existed in the past, leaving the other 10 per cent to special consideration. We had a general discussion of the proposition without regard to the 10 per cent. "It was further suggested that oint Committees be formed in each State, based somewhat on the idea of our Geographic Divisions, that a Joint Committee representing certain sections be appointed, in the various States of the Union, which would at first attempt to solve the points of difference as between the electric power companies and the telephone companies locally, and then, failing to agree, submit their conclusions or differences to this Joint Committee. In other words, instead of either or both sides going immediately to a public regulatory body-or to the courts with dirty linen, they should try to wash it themselves, let the committees in the local States act as the lower courts do, and the general joint friendly co-operative committee at the top act as the Supreme Court, and I think along these lines something very likely will be worked out. "Mr. Pack has his organization complete, and I understand Mr. Gherardi has his complete, and they are arranging for some meetings of these joint coinmittees. The utmost earnest, honest...
show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 484 pages
  • 189 x 246 x 25mm | 857g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • Miami Fl, United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 1236491041
  • 9781236491046