Mummies Unwrapped! : The Science of Mummy-Making
- Chapter Summaries and questions that recap the evidence: You're The Medical Examiner
- Reading Cues and Clues: Prompts, call-outs, highlighted words, diagrams, and primary sources
- Field Guides and Tools: Bone Guides, Parasite Guides, Ghost-Hunter Technology, Spy gadgets
- Cool, bold, graphic design: CSI-like real-time graphic organizers
- Critical thinking and analysis: the Science behind identifying who, what, when, where, why
Curriculum Standards: Grades 5-8 and 9-12 Science Standards
Science as Inquiry
- Identify questions and concepts that guide scientific investigations.
- Recognize and analyze alternative explanations and models.
- Communicate and defend a scientific argument.
- Results of scientific inquiry emerge from different types of investigations and public communication among scientists.
Science and Technology
- Communicate the problem, process, and solution
- Scientists use different methods of investigation, and accept different types of evidence to support their explanations.
- Hardback | 64 pages
- 160.02 x 233.68 x 10.16mm | 294.83g
- 01 Mar 2008
- Children's Press(CT)
- New York, NY, United States
- black & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
People who bought this also bought
Other books in Sciences
15 Feb 2015
Mixed media product
09 Oct 2012
26 Feb 2015
13 Dec 2010
07 Oct 2012
10 Nov 2011
01 Oct 1990