Mobility and Technology in the Workplace
These chapters provide a detailed insight into these issues through bringing together an international collection of contemporary studies and analysis and taking a critical perspective towards some of the advertised myths regarding mobile technology usage. Issues covered include:
Travel and changing nature of spatial mobility patterns.
Work-Space and Place and the `leaking' out of organizations into more public domains.
Mobile Work Practices including detailed and heterogeneous case studies.
Home-work dynamics and the changing nature of the home-work boundary.
Implications for Public Policy
- Paperback | 244 pages
- 154 x 230 x 16mm | 379.99g
- 07 Apr 2015
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- London, United Kingdom
- 8 Line drawings, black and white; 11 Halftones, black and white; 22 Tables, black and white; 19 Illustrations, black and white
Other books in this series
29 Feb 2016
Table of contents
1. Introduction Donald Hislop Work Space/Place
2. Working on the Move: Subverting the Logic of Non-space John Holm & Gavin Kendall
3. Working on the Move: The Social and Digital Ecologies of Mobile Work Places Laura Forlano
4. Voluntary Ghettos and Mobile Bureaucracy: Civic Activity and Acts of Citizenship Under Threat Tommy Jensen Work-Related Travel
5. Travelling to Work: A Century of Change Colin G. Pooley
6. The Business of Train Travel: A Matter of Time Use Glenn Lyons, David Holley & Juliet Jain
7. Geographies of Business Travel in the Professional Service Economy James R. Faulconbridge & Jon V. Beaverstock Mobile Work Practices
8. The Lonely Life of the Mobile Engineer? Carolyn Axtell & Donald Hislop
9. Re-Space-ing Place: Towards Mobile Support for Near Diagnostics Mikael Wiberg
10. 420 Years of Mobility ICT Enabled Mobile Interdependencies in London Hackney Cab Work Silvia Elaluf-Calderwood & Carsten Sorensen
11. Context Matters: Un-ubiquitous Use of Mobile Technologies by the Police Daniel Pica & Carsten Sorensen Home Work Dynamics
12. Mobile Phones, Spillover and the `Work-Life Balance' Diannah Lowry & Megan Moskos
13. Freedom and Flexibility with a Ball and Chain: Managers and their Use of Mobile Phones Keith Townsend & Lyn Batchelor
14. Travel, Availability and Work-life Balance Ann Bergman & Per Gustafson
15. Do Mobile Technologies Enable Work-Life Balance? Dual Perspectives on BlackBerry Usage for Supplemental Work Catherine Middleton, Public Policy
16. Mobile Work and Challenges for Public Policy Dan Wheatley, Irene Hardill, Anne Green
About Donald Hislop