Lord Simcoe Hotel

Lord Simcoe Hotel

Edited by 

List price: US$42.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Lord Simcoe Hotel was one of many of lost hotels in Toronto, Ontario. Built in 1956, the 20 storey concrete and glass modernist structure was designed by Henry T. Langston and Peter Dickinson. The hotel was named for John Graves Simcoe, Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada and a resident of York, Upper Canada (now Toronto). The name was somewhat incorrect as Simcoe was never himself a Lord. Located on the northeast corner of King Street and University Avenue (150 King Street West), it was closed in 1979 and torn down in 1981. It was replaced by the Sun Life Centre East Tower in 1984.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 64 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 4mm | 104g
  • Bellum Publishing
  • United States
  • English
  • 6135673874
  • 9786135673876