Looking behind the Label : Global Industries and the Conscientious Consumer
- Paperback | 304 pages
- 152 x 226 x 18mm | 300g
- 25 May 2015
- Indiana University Press
- Bloomington, IN, United States
- 6 b&w illus.
Other books in this series
01 Feb 2016
05 Jun 2017
Table of contents
List of Commonly Used Acronyms
Introduction: Rules, Responsibilities, and Rights in the Global Economy
Part I: Making Sense of Conscientious Consumerism
1. The Making of Conscientious Consumers: Individual and National Patterns
2. Dilemmas of Conscientious Consumerism
Part II: Behind the Label: Global Production and the Meaning of Standards
3. Wood and Paper Products: Searching for Sustainability
4. Food: Global Agriculture and Local Development
5. Apparel and Footwear: Standards for Sweatshops
6. Electronics: The Hidden Costs of Computing
Conclusion: Beyond Conscientious Consumerism
About Nik Summers
Sebastian Koos is Assistant Professor of Corporate Social Responsibility, Department of Politics and Public Administration, University of Konstanz
Hiram Samel is Associate Professor of International Business, Said Business School, University of Oxford.
Gustavo Setrini is Assistant Professor of Food Studies at New York University.
Nik Summers is a PhD candidate in Sociology at Indiana University.