Lieut. Col. Jacob Reed; Proceedings at the Dedication of the Monument Erected to His Memory in Franconia Township, Pennsylvania, Under the Auspices of the Historical Society of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, October 8, 1901

Lieut. Col. Jacob Reed; Proceedings at the Dedication of the Monument Erected to His Memory in Franconia Township, Pennsylvania, Under the Auspices of the Historical Society of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, October 8, 1901

By (author) 

List price: US$13.42

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1905 edition. Excerpt: ...Leidy. The residence of this Jacob Leidy was given at this time as Franconia Township, Philadelphia County, Pa. In the early Records of the congregation are to be found numerous entries of baptisms, marriages and deaths of the older members of the Leidy family. Jacob Leidy, Jr., the oldest son of Jacob Leidy, the immigrant, was born in Germany, on July 25, 1719, and died in Franconia Township, on August 18, 1794. He married Barbara, a daughter of John (Neiss) Nyce, a neighbor and also one of the first trustees of the Indian Creek Reformed Church. She was born in 1725, and died on May 24, 1798. They had issue eight children, namely--John, Jacob (married Feronica Schell);L Catharine (married Frederick Fluke); Margaret (married Jacob Hengen); Anna Maria (married on Febrnary 4, 1768, Andrew Reed, of Marlborough Township); Elizabeth (married on September 28, 1772, Philip Nyce); Magdalena (married John Fluke); Barbara (married on April 18, 1776, the Rev. Casper Wack). This Jacob Leidy, Jr., was a prominent man in the affairs of Franconia Township and was an early and extensive land owner in this section. The first purchase of land by him, that I find recorded, was for a part of a tract consisting of some five hundred acres suitated in Franconia Township (then Philadelphia County), Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. This land was deeded by George O'Kill and others, to Jacob Leidy, yeoman, on January 1st, 1753, and subject to an nominal annual quit-rent, to the Penns. The conveyances of this property, until it was acquired by Jacob Leidy, is somewhat interesting. 1 Daughter of John, of Michael Schell. The original family record of this pair is in the possession of Rev. M. Reed Minnich. Vide infra. The Penns, in the beginning of the eighteenth...show more

Product details

  • Paperback
  • 189 x 246 x 3mm | 104g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 1236669878
  • 9781236669872