The Last Apprentice: The Spook's Bestiary : The Guide to Creatures of the Dark
Fill your pockets with salt and iron. Carry a rowan staff and a silver chain. And most importantly, clear your mind and conquer your own fear. Here is the Spook's own notebook, full of the instructions that any young apprentice, like Tom Ward, will need. Learn how to bind a boggart. Find out how to capture a witch. Memorize what to do if you face the Fiend himself. If you are the seventh son of a seventh son--or even if you are simply a fan of The Last Apprentice series--this book holds all you need to face the forces of evil. The Last Apprentice series is soon to be a major motion picture, Seventh Son, starring Jeff Bridges, Ben Barnes, Alicia Vikander, Kit Harington, Olivia Williams, Antje Traue, Djimon Hounsou, and Julianne Moore as Mother Malkin. It's a suspenseful thrill ride that's "spine-tingling" (Publishers Weekly) and "anything but tame" (Horn Book). BUT DON'T READ IT AFTER DARK!
- Hardback | 222 pages
- 163 x 218 x 25mm | 408g
- 05 Jul 2011
- Greenwillow Books
- New York, NY, United States
- Illustrations, black and white
Other books in this series
01 Aug 2006
05 Jul 2011
01 Aug 2008
23 Aug 2011
01 Aug 2009
01 May 2009
14 Apr 2015
21 Aug 2012
Back cover copy
1. Conquer your fear.
2. Clear your mind, so that dark magic cannot take hold.
3. Fill your pockets with salt and iron, and always carry a rowan staff with a silver blade.
4. Never forget your silver chain for binding a witch.
5. A spook's best weapons against the dark are common sense, courage, and the skills and knowledge he learns as an apprentice.
The Spook's Bestiary is the complete guide to becoming a spook. Learn how to battle the dark, the demons, the witches, and all the things that go bump in the night. Lavishly illustrated and told in the Spook's own voice, this is a companion to the best-selling Last Apprentice series.