Landquart-Davos G 3/4

Landquart-Davos G 3/4

Edited by 

List price: US$49.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The Landquart-Davos G 3/4, also known as the Rhaetian Railway G 3/4, was a class of lightweight metre gauge 2-6-0 steam locomotives operated from 1889 by the Landquart-Davos Narrow Gauge Railway, in the Canton of Graub nden, Switzerland. In 1895, the LD changed its name to the Rhaetian Railway, which continued to operate and acquire G 3/4 locomotives. The G 3/4 class was so named under the Swiss locomotive and railcar classification system. According to that system, G 3/4 denotes a narrow gauge steam locomotive with a total of four axles, three of which are drive axles. Prior to 1902, the class was known as the G 3 class, under an earlier classification system. A total of 16 examples of the G 3/4 class entered service between 1889 and 1908. Built as tank locomotives by the Swiss Locomotive and Machine Works in Winterthur, the G 3/4s were made redundant by electrification of the RhB network between 1913 and 1922. Most of the class were then sold to other railways, but two preserved examples remain on the Rhaetian Railway today. One of the preserved locomotives is still in service, and the other one is expected to return to operating order in the next few years.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 92 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 6mm | 145g
  • Acu Publishing
  • United States
  • English
  • 6135924753
  • 9786135924756