"The summer's funnest comic!"
- The Mary Sue "Get this most excellent book!"
- Gail Simone (Batgirl, Secret Six) "This outer space comic book series with a decidedly queer- and female-centric tale is what our modern culture needs."
- The Advocate "The comic feels like Tank Girl set in the world of Cowboy Bebop. In short: very, very fun. Oh and BTW, both of the main characters are queer--Kim D is a cisgender bisexual woman and Kim Q is trans and self-identifies as queer, though she's still sorting out the specifics of sexuality. Centering these characters was important for Visaggio, who was undergoing her own transition process while writing the series."
- Bitch Magazine Kim & Kim are twentysomething besties out to make a name for themselves in the wild world of interdimensional cowboy law enforcement. In a massive "screw you" to their parents and the authorities, they decide to hijack some high stakes bounty -- and end up in way over their heads. A day-glo action adventure that's bursting with energy and enthusiasm, it puts queer women and trans women front and center, with a story that embraces the absurd alongside realistic pathos. Blending the punk exuberance of TANK GIRL with the buddy adventure wackiness of SUPERBAD (if Michael Cera was a trans woman and Jonah Hill a queergirl partner in crime), Kim & Kim focuses on the power and meaning of female friendships as engines of validation. A bright, happy, punk rock sci fi adventure that is queer as shit. "KIM & KIM is BLADE RUNNER meets JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS -- high energy, infused with fun, unabashedly progressive, a hypermodern Rock & Roll adventure in an electric future!"
- Steve Orlando (Midnighter, Supergirl, Batman & Robin Eternal)
"An intriguing comic for all sorts of reasons... one of them is that it's a comic with LGBTQ content, created while its writer was transitioning."
- Bleeding Cool "A rollicking science fiction adventure comic about two young queer women working as dimension-hopping interplanetary bounty hunters...one of the breakout debuts of 2016." -Comics Alliance "KIM & KIM is super cute and now I want to read an entire series of the Kims talking about boys for two hundred issues."
- Sophie Campbell (Wet Moon, Jem and The Holograms) "Kim & Kim isn't just an incredibly fun comic book... beyond the sci-fi shenanigans and heroic quest the Kims go on, Kim & Kim is an LGBTQ-positive series that features a richly diverse cast of characters (including both of the Kims, one of whom is trans) and hugely important for Visaggio to write, as she was undergoing her own transition process."
- io9show more