Kew Gardens Railway Station (Merseyside)

Kew Gardens Railway Station (Merseyside)

Edited by 

List price: US$41.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Kew Gardens was a railway station on the edge of Southport, Merseyside, on the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The station opened on 1 November 1887, and was situated north of the A570 between Meols Cop Road and Foul Lane. Kew Gardens served and was named after a nearby 12-acre (49,000 m2) park and boating lake, which closed around 1930. The station closed to passengers on 26 September 1938, though the line remained open for goods traffic until 21 January 1952. The track was left in place until 1964 for the storage of excursion stock. The site has since been redeveloped and is now occupied by a retail park.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 68 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 4mm | 113g
  • CIV
  • United States
  • English
  • 6135742477
  • 9786135742473