- One of the few biography series with a full-color interior at this page length (100+ pages)
- The book fulfills the page-length requirement (100 pages) for students assigned to do book reports at this grade level.
Grades 5-8 National Social Studies Standards
Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Identify and use key concepts, such as chronology, conflict, and change, to explain, analyze, and show connections among patterns of historical change and continuity.
Individual Development & Identity: IV
- Relates personal change to social, cultural, and historical contexts.
Individuals, Groups, & Institutions: V
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts such as status and social class in the interactions of individuals and social groups.
Global Connections: IX
- Analyze examples of conflict, cooperation, and interdependence among groups, societies, and nations.show more