WARNING: The date you're going on probably won't work out. Most of them don't. Side effects include: wasted Saturday nights, boring conversations, sloppy kisses, heartbreak. However, if used correctly dating can be fun—and lead you to The One. See instructions inside this book.
After years of searching for Mr. Right, most of us are still trying to crack the dating code.You meet someone, exchange phone numbers, and then the rollercoaster ride begins. The place most of us fail is in the area of speed: we move too quickly, sleep together too soon—we're picking out china patterns before the first course even arrives! Fortunately, Greg Behrendt and his wife, Amiira, have written the ultimate guide to the art of dating—a date-by-date, moment-by-moment manual that reveals exactly how to bring sanity, laughter, and success back to the pursuit of love. The secret? Relax, kitten. It's Just a Freakin' Date!
From the first phone call to the first sleepover, Greg and Amiira show you how to date and do it right:
• Redefining the Game: It's not what you think
• First date dos and don'ts
• How to send the right signals to let him know you like him
• E-mailing and text messaging are the new "not calling": Getting back to the basics of respectful courtship
• Slow down, Sally! Why you should never sleep together on a first date—or even the third, fourth, or fifth
• How to pull the plug when you're just not feeling it
• Moving foward: Don't call him your boyfriend before he's even memorized your number
• How to channel your inner cheerleader and rediscover the hot, confident you
• And much more…
Packed with Greg and Amiira's hilarious, spot-on insights, and filled with revelations about what guys are really thinking, It's Just a Freakin' Date delivers the secrets of dating we’ve all been waiting for.show more