Introductory Econometrics : A Modern Approach
INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS is organized around the type of data being analyzed with a systematic approach that only introduces assumptions as they are needed. This makes the material easier to understand and, ultimately, leads to better econometric practices. Packed with relevant applications, the text incorporates more than 100 intriguing data sets, available in six formats. Updates introduce the latest emerging developments in the field.
Gain a full understanding of the impact of econometrics in practice today with the insights and applications found only in INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS: A MODERN APPROACH, 6E.
- Hardback | 912 pages
- 210 x 262 x 33mm | 1,610g
- 09 Sep 2016
- Cengage Learning, Inc
- CENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Mason, OH, United States
- 6th edition
Other books in this series
09 Sep 2016
26 Sep 2012
17 Aug 2011
02 Feb 2011
Table of contents
Part I: REGRESSION ANALYSIS WITH CROSS-SECTIONAL DATA.
2. The Simple Regression Model.
3. Multiple Regression Analysis: Estimation.
4. Multiple Regression Analysis: Inference.
5. Multiple Regression Analysis: OLS Asymptotics.
6. Multiple Regression Analysis: Further Issues.
7. Multiple Regression Analysis with Qualitative Information: Binary (or Dummy) Variables.
9. More on Specification and Data Problems.
Part II: REGRESSION ANALYSIS WITH TIME SERIES DATA.
10. Basic Regression Analysis with Time Series Data.
11. Further Issues in Using OLS with Time Series Data.
12. Serial Correlation and Heteroskedasticity in Time Series Regressions.
Part III: ADVANCED TOPICS.
13. Pooling Cross Sections Across Time: Simple Panel Data Methods.
14. Advanced Panel Data Methods.
15. Instrumental Variables Estimation and Two Stage Least Squares.
16. Simultaneous Equations Models.
17. Limited Dependent Variable Models and Sample Selection Corrections.
18. Advanced Time Series Topics.
19. Carrying Out an Empirical Project.
Appendix A: Basic Mathematical Tools.
Appendix B: Fundamentals of Probability.
Appendix C: Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics.
Appendix D: Summary of Matrix Algebra.
Appendix E: The Linear Regression Model in Matrix Form.
Appendix F: Answers to Exploring Further Chapter Exercises.
Appendix G: Statistical Tables.
About Jeffrey Wooldridge