Hospitality Supervisor's Survival Kit
This survival kit contains the tools needed to develop skills in human relations, labor and management relations, and customer service that are essential to effective customer and employee management and supervision. The book is well grounded in theory, yet practical, providing many scenarios, case studies, and role-plays.
- Paperback | 240 pages
- 198.1 x 271.8 x 12.7mm | 340.2g
- 30 May 2004
- Pearson Education (US)
- Upper Saddle River, NJ, United States
Other books in this series
20 May 2005
30 May 2004
07 May 2005
Table of contents
1. Being a Leader in the Hospitality Industry.
2. Guidelines for the New Supervisor.
II. CREATING A SUCCESSFUL TEAM.
3. Working With and Developing Your Team.
4. People: Your Key to Productivity and Profit.
5. Building Relationships.
6. Creating a Productive Working Climate.
7. Helping Your Staff Become a Team.
III. LEADING FOR PEAK PERFOMANCE.
8. Private Communications.
9. Solving Performance Problems.
10. Keeping Turnover From Being a Problem.
IV. GETTING THE BEST FROM YOUR TEAM.
11. Paying Your Team.
12. Delegation: Sharing the Workload.
13. Teaching Others What You Know.
14. Evaluating Performance: The Formal Appraisal.
V. INCREASING YOUR OWN OPPORTUNITIES.
15. A Positive Workplace Starts with You.
16. Organization and Planning.
17. Setting Priorities.
18. Being a Problem Solver.
19. Dealing with Change and Resistance to Change.
20. Change and Your Opportunities for Growth.
Appendix: Performance Mistakes to Avoid.
Appendix: Related Websites.