Excerpt from A History of the Wittenberg Synod of the General Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1847-1916
A resolution was adopted instructing its Presi dent to appoint a Historian who shall solicit and gather material for the future publication of a History of the Synod. At the closing session, the President appointed the Rev. C. S. Ernsberger. Shortly after, through the church papers, he called for the appoint ment by each pastor of a local Historian to assist in gathering the necessary material for such a record. Not over a half dozen of the pastors responded within the following Synodical year and but little progress was made. Another year passed while the Historian was busy with the beginnings of a new work entrusted to his hands, - that of Field Secretary of Wittenberg College, - and nothing was done. At the Convention of Synod in 1912, in Nevada, Ohio, a new impetus was given to the work by the Historian presenting a series of questions to each pastor in the Synod, calling for definite data, covering the complete sketch of each organization; and the Synod's appropriating the sum of for the use of the Historian in collecting and preparing the necessary material, an swers to these questions to be forwarded to the His torian by Jan. I, 1913. But one-third of the pastors responded to this call. Time was extended to Jan uary 1, 1914, with but few additional responses. Ah other request was made through the church papers.
About the Publisher
Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com
This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.show more