History of Oneida County, New York; From 1700 to the Present Time Volume 1, PT. 2
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1912 edition. Excerpt: ...was felt for a summer hospital for infants suffering from cholera infantum, and one was started on the New Hartford road. For three years this was well filled, but the sanitary reforms inaugurated in the city at the time caused such a marked decrease in this class of patients, that the hospital was cleared in 1900. In 1896 the family of the late P. V. Rogers presented to the hospital a well equipped surgery, to be known as the Rogers Memorial Operating Room. For the next nine years but few changes were made, except those necessitated by the rapid increase in the number of patients treated, which had grown in 1904 to 594. For several years it had been evident that the overcrowded condition of the hospital demanded a radical increase in capacity. As the need became pressing it was met by the generosity of Mr. and Mrs. Frederick '1'. Procter, who built and furnished completely the imposing new institution near the western boundaries of the city, which was opened October 17, 1905, thus again doubling the usefulness of the hospital, in which, during the year 1910, 1,052 patients were treated. In 1906 the Als Ich Khan Society presented a fund for the support of a visiting nurse, and in 1908 the donors of the new hospital added a well equipped isolation pavilion. The physicians who have been members of the visiting staff since its reorganization in 1882, with the dates of their appointment are as follows, those at present serving being in italics: 1882, Drs. Willis E. Ford, James H. Glass and Wilbur H. Booth; 1885, Drs. William M. Gibson and James G. Kilbourn; 1887, Drs. E. D. Fuller and J. Sands Maxson; 1888, Drs. M. M. Bagg, Chas. P. Russell and George Seymour; 1889, Drs. J. D. Jones and H. G. Jones; 1890, Dr. A. J. Brown; 1891, ...
- Paperback | 156 pages
- 189 x 246 x 8mm | 290g
- 13 Sep 2013
- Illustrations, black and white