The History of Camden County, New Jersey

The History of Camden County, New Jersey

By (author) 

List price: US$67.46

Currently unavailable

We can notify you when this item is back in stock

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1886 edition. Excerpt: ...insurance, and with whom, cause of fire, etc. The department is in a high state of efliciency, and the expenditure sixteen thousand dollars per annum. Tm: CAMDEN HOOK-AND-LADDER COMPANY, N0. 1, with headquarters at N. W. corner of Fifth Street and Arch, was organized in 1869, and is connected with Camden Engine Company, No. 2. The building is a two-story brick, twenty-four by fifly-five feet, adjoining the building of the engine company. The company is equipped with One ladder-truck (forty-five feet long, mounting nine ladders, one being an extension ladder, of the " Leverich Patent," sixty-three feet in length), one battering ram, two fire extinguishers, four buckets two axes, four pitchforks, one crowbar, four lamps, etc. In the stables are two large and well-trained horses. The roster of the company is as follows: Tillerman, Amedy Middleton; Driver, Benjamin L. Kellum; Laddermen, Thomas Walton and John W. Toy; Cell-men, William Doughten, Peter S. Gray, John Gray and Charles A. Todd. THE CAMDEN S'l'EA. FIRE-ENGINE COMPANY, N0. 1, was organized in 1869. Their building, on Pine Street, near Fourth, is a three-story brick, twenty by ninety-four feet in dimensions, and was formerly used by the Independence, but is now owned by the city. The equipments consist of one second-class steam fire-engine, made by the Amoskeag Manufacturing Company, of Manchester, New Hampshire; one hose-cart, made by the _Silsby Company, of Seneca Falls, N. Y.; three horses, sixteen hundred feet of good hose, axes, lamps, etc. The third story of the building is used as a lodgeroom, and the second story used by the company, with sitting-room, hunk-room, etc. The roster of the company for 1886 isas follows: Foreman, John A. Stockton; Engineer, G....show more

Product details

  • Paperback
  • 188.98 x 246.13 x 27.69mm | 957.07g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • English
  • Illustrations, black and white
  • 1236761995
  • 9781236761996