History of Air Education and Training Command, 1942-2002 (Classic Reprint)
Excerpt from History of Air Education and Training Command, 1942-2002 Until the early 19303, pilots had been their own navigators. Then as airlines began to make long distance ﬂights, they added a navigator to the ﬂight crew. The military, however. Continued to treat navigation training as part of pilot training. Consequently when it, too, began to see a need for specialized navigators, in July 1940 the Army signed a contract with Pan American Airways, Incorporated, to provide training in navigation and meteorology to ﬂying cadets, an arrangement that continued until 1944. In November 1940 the Air Corps opened its first navigator school at Barksdale Field, Louisiana. Cadres later went out from Barksdale to establish seven other schools across the country. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Paperback | 398 pages
- 152 x 229 x 21mm | 532g
- 26 Feb 2018
- Forgotten Books
- 448 Illustrations; Illustrations, black and white