Heroes: the Greek Myths Reimagined
Illustrated throughout with classical art inspired by the myths, this gorgeous volume invites you to explore a captivating world with a brilliant storyteller as your guide.
- Each adventure is infused with Fry's distinctive voice and writing style.
- Connoisseurs of the Greek myths will appreciate this fresh-yet-reverential interpretation, while newcomers will feel welcome.
- Retellings brim with humor and emotion.
"Mostly Chiron saw in the child, and the young man he became, boundless courage, athleticism, intelligence, and ambition. He saw too lots of words beginning with 'self, ' which gave him pause. Self-belief, self-possession, self-righteousness, self-confidence, self-love. Perhaps these characteristics are as necessary to a hero as courage."
In Heroes, Fry draws out the humor and pathos in both tender love affairs and heroic battles, and reveals each myth's relevance for our own time.
- A collector's edition filled with classical art inspired by the myths and a luxe, foil-stamped jacket
- Perfect gift for mythology and history buffs, lovers of ancient Greece, art aficionados, and devoted fans of Stephen Fry
- Add it to the shelf with books like Circe by Madeline Miller, Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, and Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton
- Hardback | 368 pages
- 193.04 x 238.76 x 38.1mm | 1,156.66g
- 02 Jun 2020
- CHRONICLE BOOKS
- San Francisco, United States
Other books in this series
02 Jun 2020
About Stephen Fry