- Author Kristen Kemp is a contributing editor at Girls' Life magazine and a contributing writer for CosmoGirl. She was previously a contributing editor at YM.
- Topics within the Life Balance series focus on maintaining positive mental health overall, rather than just dealing with problems.
- Series has a fresh, sophisticated design and 2-color interior with illustrations.
- Each book includes features and sidebars that highlight additional information of interest.
- Includes simple, clear illustrations of male/female reproductive organs.
- Author's lively writing, down-to-earth approach, and sense of humor make this book interesting and easy to read.
National Science Standards, Grades 5-8
- Science in Personal and Social Perspectives: VI. Content Standard F
- Sex drive is a natural human function that requires understanding; sex is also a prominent means of transmitting diseases that can be prevented through a variety of precautions.show more