The Healing Powers Of Chocolate
- Eating chocolate can help boost the immune system, lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes--even obesity!--and increase lifespan.
- A 1.5 ounce bar of quality chocolate has as much antioxidant power as a 5 ounce glass of wine--without the side effects of alcohol.
- Chocolate is chock-full of mood-enhancing ingredients, including phenylethylamine (the "love drug") and serotonin.
- Chocolate can relieve a host of ailments, including depression, fatigue, pain and PMS, as well as rev up your sex drive! Drawing on the latest scientific research as well as interviews with medical doctors and chocolatiers, this fascinating book reveals how to live longer and healthier while indulging in one of nature's most decadent and versatile foods. Explore real chocolate (infused with fruits, herbs, and spices), Mediterranean-style, heart-healthy recipes, plus home remedies that combat everything from acne to anxiety. You'll also discover rejuvenating beauty and anti-aging spa treatments--all made with antioxidant-rich chocolate! "Can dark chocolate boost brain power? This book shows you how regular intake of antioxidant-rich cacao foods is likely to do just that, and more."
--Ray Sahelian, M.D., author of Mind Boosters
- Paperback | 304 pages
- 149.86 x 228.6 x 25.4mm | 340.19g
- 14 Nov 2017
- Kensington Publishing
- Citadel Press
- New York, United States
Other books in this series
06 Jan 2009
14 Nov 2017
02 Feb 2015
05 Sep 2016
01 Feb 2008
31 Jul 2012
About Cal Orey