Gwr 4073 Class 5080 Defiant

Gwr 4073 Class 5080 Defiant

List price: US$49.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Originally built as Ogmore Castle in May 1939 at Swindon Works, the engine was one of the many popular GWR Castle Class. After transfer to Cardiff, the engine was renamed Defiant in January 1941, commemorating one of the many types of aircraft which had taken part in the Battle of Britain. The name Ogmore Castle later rotated through sister engines 5056, 7007 and 7035. After the arrival of Britannia class Pacifics on the Western Region of British Railways, in 1959 it had moved to Carmarthen, staying there until its final move to Llanelli in May 1961. It was withdrawn in April 1963, and acquired by Woodham Brothers scrapyard in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales in October 1963.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 100 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 6mm | 159g
  • Dicho
  • United States
  • English
  • 6135707922
  • 9786135707922