Are you tired of living paycheck to paycheck, working long hours at a JOB that stands for “Just Over Broke”? Do you dream about retiring early to spend more time with your loved ones—or finally owning a house in your favorite part of town? If you’re ready to take charge of your finances and move beyond your salary to create new wealth, then come on, girl – it’s time to make your money grow!
These days the stock market can make anyone flinch—but as the money-wise Glinda Bridgforth knows, it’s more important than ever to plan for the future and secure your lifestyle. In this timely follow-up to her bestselling Girl, Get Your Money Straight!, Bridgforth teams up with investment expert and stockbroker Gail Perry-Mason to deliver power-packed, sister-to-sister advice on how to master the stock market, grow your income, and start investing in your biggest asset—you.
Beginning with simple, engaging exercises to help you assess your finances and transform any negative money beliefs that hold you back, Bridgforth and Perry-Mason then present their step-by-step program for becoming acquainted with investing and making your money work for you, 24-7. You will learn how to:
• Clear away debt and clear the deck—for investing
• Create new streams of income by using your own special talents
• Develop an investment mission statement
• Map out a personalized plan for retirement and take advantage of the best retirement options: 401(k)s, IRAs, and more
• Own your own piece of the rock: buying prime real estate
• Take the mystery out of the market and build an investment portfolio that’s right for you
• Use bonds, mutual funds, and blue chip stocks to lower your risk without sacrificing profits
• Read the market for winners and losers—and get the knowledge you need to protect your assets
Filled with Bridgforth’s warm-hearted wisdom and advice, and complete with worksheets, exercises, affirmations, and inspiring stories of African American women who’ve successfully grown their money tree, Girl, Make Your Money Grow! is a fresh, fun, and eminently practical guide to achieving the next level of financial security and to funding the future of your dreams.show more