German For Dummies
And, in trademark For Dummies fashion, you'll go beyond expressions for checking train schedules or buying potatoes to learn: * Things never to say in German * Ways to pick up German quickly * Phrases that make you sound German * Holidays to remember * Emailing and Internet vocabulary * German TV and movie vocabulary * How to browse and window--shop in Germany with style Whether you're just looking for a greeting besides "Guten tag," or you want to host a foreign exchange student, or want to become one yourself, German For Dummies gives you what you need to learn the language -- as much as you like, as fast as you like. Gehen wir! (gehn veer) (Let's get going!)
- Mixed media product | 384 pages
- 188 x 232 x 24mm | 598.74g
- 24 Apr 2000
- John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Hungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Foster City, United States
- English, German
- 1 x paperback, 1 x CD-audio.
- w. ill.
Other books in this series
15 Mar 2001
01 Aug 2007
15 Jul 2005
31 Oct 2005
Back cover copy
The renowned Berlitz? approach with a fun and friendly twist
This unintimidating guide from the experts at Berlitz? will help you start speaking German right a way, whether you're a student, a traveler, or you just want pick up the language.
All this on the audio CD
Pick up German the Berlitz? way - through actual conversations
* Listen to the dialogues from the book
* Hear how native speakers say the words
* Practice your own pronunciation
Discover how to:
* Have everyday conversations in German
* Make sense of German grammar
* Improve your pronunciation
* Get a handle on verb conjugations
* Use idioms and popular expressions
Table of contents
About Anne Fox