George Herbert Jones Laboratory

George Herbert Jones Laboratory

List price: US$56.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The George Herbert Jones Laboratory, at 5747 S. Ellis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, is a facility building of the University of Chicago. Room 405 of the building was named a National Historic Landmark in May 1967. The Jones Laboratory was built in 1928-1929 as facility and instructional space for the university's staff of research chemists and graduate students in chemistry. As part of the U.S. War Department's Manhattan Project, University of Chicago chemists began to study the newly manufactured radioactive element, plutonium. Room 405 was the site where, for the first time, a trace quantity of this new element was isolated and measured in September 1942. This procedure enabled chemists to determine the new element's atomic weight.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 116 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 7mm | 181g
  • DIC Press
  • United States
  • English
  • 6135963961
  • 9786135963960