Functional Nanostructures and Sensors for CBRN Defence and Environmental Safety and Security
Accordingly, the main goal of this book is to bring together experts (theorists, experimentalists, engineers and technologists) for an extensive discussion covering: novel principles for functional nanostructures and detector fabrication and implementation, the development of novel technologies for the deactivation of CBRN agents, their experimental realization and their application in novel monitoring and control systems, and technological processes for soil and water remediation, with a view to environmental protection and defence against CBRN-based terrorism.
In keeping with the book's main goal, the following topics are highlighted and discussed:
- Sensors and detectors - detection of chemicals, principles of "artificial nose" and chemical "micro-lab on a chip" design, surface and underground water quality monitoring systems, molecular electronics, superconducting electronic devices, quantum detectors and Qubits.
- Environmental protection and CBRN - detection of infrared, microwave, X-ray and terahertz radiation. Principles for novel IR-, UV-, and Terahertz-wave devices for the detection of low-contrast objects.
- Novel technological processes for CBRN destruction and deactivation.
All these topics are strongly interrelated, both with regard to fundamental aspects and to fabrication and implementation technologies; in addition, they are highly promising for application in novel functional devices, computer logics, sensing and detection of low-concentration chemicals, weak and extremely weak magnetic and microwave fields, infrared and ultraviolet radiation. Given its scope, the book will be a useful and interesting guide for a broad readership of engineers, scientists, PhD students and experts in the area of defence against environmental terrorism.
- Paperback | 320 pages
- 155 x 235 x 17.78mm | 510g
- 26 Aug 2021
- Dordrecht, Netherlands
- 1st ed. 2020
- 130 Illustrations, color; 73 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 320 p. 203 illus., 130 illus. in color.
Other books in this series
07 Apr 2017
18 Mar 2020
26 Aug 2021
03 Oct 2021
03 Oct 2021
Table of contents