Fishponds Railway Station

Fishponds Railway Station

List price: US$55.01

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Fishponds railway station was a station in Fishponds, Bristol, England, a victim of Dr Beeching's cuts in the 1960s. Fishponds station was just south of where Wm Morrison's supermarket car park is today. The railway line was built in 1835 for transport of coal from Coalpit Heath to industry in the centre of Bristol. The station, named Stapleton Halt, was opened on 1 April 1866, and was part of the Bristol to Birmingham line operated by the Midland Railway. The station was renamed Fishponds on 1 July 1867, and had two platforms plus a shunting line constructed in 1905 for the Avonside Locomotive Works to move their newly built locomotives onto the main line.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 120 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 7mm | 186g
  • Ject Press
  • Saarbrucken, Germany
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 6136774003
  • 9786136774008