Filleigh Railway Station

Filleigh Railway Station

Edited by 

List price: US$42.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Filleigh railway station served a rural area of north Devon between Barnstaple and South Molton. The station was on the Devon and Somerset Railway that ran between Taunton and Barnstaple. The Devon and Somerset was operated by the Bristol and Exeter Railway and was taken over with the B&E by the Great Western Railway. The section of the line between Wiveliscombe and Barnstaple opened on 1 November 1873. Filleigh station was originally called Castle Hill, after the mansion owned by Earl Fortescue, but was renamed in 1881 to avoid confusion with a station of the same name in West London.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 72 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 4mm | 118g
  • Acu Publishing
  • United States
  • English
  • 613570222X
  • 9786135702224