- Provides children with the most up-to-date details surrounding the anatomy and behavior of dinosaurs.
- Includes latest clues scientists have used to unlock the mysteries of prehistoric times.
- Kids are endlessly fascinated by prehistoric times and dinosaurs.
- Format includes large color photographs, easy-to-read fonts, and simple interior design.
- Series features include vocabulary preview and review pages plus special backmatter pages that invite readers to think further on the study topics.
Grades K-4 Science Standards
Life Science: III
- Life cycles of organisms.
- Plants and animals have life cycles that include being born, developing into adults, reproducing, and eventually dying. The details of this life cycle are different for different organisms.
- Plants and animals closely resemble their parents.
- Many characteristics of an organism are inherited from the parents of the organism, but other characteristics result from the individual's interactions with the environment.
Earth and Space Science
- D-1. Properties of earth materials:
- c. Fossils provide evidence about animals that lived long ago and the nature of the environment at that time.
Science and Technology
- E-2. Understanding science and technology:
- e. Tools help scientists make better observations, measurements, and equipment for investigations.show more