- One of the author's previous books, Sugar Was My Best Food: Diabetes And Me (Whitman), has sold 190,000 copies since publication in 1998 and was one of Bank Street College's "Best of Children's Books" in 1999. The book was also featured on Good Morning America, NPR, People magazine, and in The New York Times.
- Topics within the Life Balance series focus on maintaining positive mental health overall, rather than just dealing with problems.
- Series has a fresh, sophisticated design and 2-color interior with illustrations.
- Each book includes features and sidebars that highlight additional information of interest.
- Includes real-life stories and advice from experts
National Social Studies Standards, Grades 5-8
- Individual Development & Identity: IV
- Relate personal changes to social, cultural, and historical contexts.show more