- Topics within the Life Balance series focus on maintaining positive mental health overall, rather than just dealing with problems.
- Series has a fresh, sophisticated design and 2-color interior with illustrations.
- Each book includes features and sidebars that highlight additional information of interest.
- Features real-life stories and lively writing, as well as hard facts about the topic.
National Social Studies Standards, Grades 5-8
- Individual Development & Identity: IV
- Identify and describe the influence of perception, attitudes, values, and beliefs on personal identity.
- Describe the ways family, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and institutional affiliations contribute to personal identity.
- Relate such factors as physical endowment and capabilities, learning, motivation, personality, perception, and behavior to individual development.show more