Daily River Stages at River Gage Stations on the Principal Rivers of the United States

Daily River Stages at River Gage Stations on the Principal Rivers of the United States

List price: US$20.86

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1911 edition. Excerpt: ...feet. The drainage area above the station is 42,800 square miles. The river gage was reconstructed in the latter part of the year 1910. It is located on the right bank of the river, and consists of two vertical sections. The first section (0 to 10 feet) is sunk in the mud near the second section which (10 to 43 feet) is fastened to a pine post at the ferry. Both sections are made of 2 by 8 inch oak timber, painted white with graduations cut into the wood and painted black. B. M. 1, U. S. Engineers, top of nail driven into root of elm tree, just below notch cut therein, and marked "U. S. B. M. Elv. 304.879," is 37.5 feet above zero of the gage and 311 feet above mean sea level. Elm tree is 2 feet in diameter, and is on right bank of river, 100 feet back from and 100 feet east of saloon at Lewis Ferry. B. M. 2, top of wooden stake, 2 by 2 inches, driven flush with ground, 100 feet back from saloon, and 500 feet from right bank of river, is 50.5 feet above zero of the gage and 324 feet above mean sea level. Graduation extends from zero to 43 feet above. Highest water was 39 feet, on May 30, 1908; lowest, unknown. Flood stage is at 28 feet. LEWISTON, IDAHO. Lewiston, Idaho. River observations began in 1894. Is on the Snake River, 144 miles from its mouth and 77 miles above Riparia, Wash. The width of the river at average low water is 855 feet. The drainage area above the station is 92,846 square miles. The river gage consists of two sections, one inclined and one vertical. The inclined section (--2 to 8.6 feet) was reconstructed on November 1,1910, and installed at a point 44 feet downstream from the old location, being sunk in the river bank flush with the surface. It is made of 4 by 12 inch pine timber, and is painted white with black...show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 118 pages
  • 189 x 246 x 6mm | 227g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • Miami Fl, United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 1236532260
  • 9781236532268