DK Eyewitness China
Explore the magnificent Forbidden City at the heart of Beijing; walk along the Great Wall of China; see the fascinating Terracotta Army near Xi'an; admire the futuristic skylines of Shanghai and Hong Kong; or marvel at the beauty of China's natural landscapes: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of China with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide China:
- Over 100 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of China, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of the Temple of Heaven, Longmen Caves, Shanghai Museum, Jiayuguan Fort, Aba Khoja Mausoleum and more
- Colour photographs of China's temples, palaces, pagodas, rivers and mountains
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's festivals, rituals, values, beliefs and traditions
- Experience the culture with features on the history of the pagoda, traditional Chinese gardens, regional food, calligraphy, porcelain, Buddhism, kung fu and tai chi, and regional crafts
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Beijing; Hebei, Tianjin and Shanxi; Shandong and Henan; Shaanxi; Shanghai; Jiangsu and Anhui; Zhejiang and Jiangxi; Hunan and Hubei; Fujian; Guangdong and Hainan; Hong Kong and Macau; Sichauan and Chongqing; Yunnan; Guizhou and Guangxi; Liaoning, Jilin and Heilongjiang; Inner Mongolia and Ningxia; Gansu and Quinghai; Xinjiang
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide China is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to China.
- Paperback | 672 pages
- 132 x 223 x 27mm | 872g
- 24 Jul 2018
- Dorling Kindersley Ltd
- DK Eyewitness Travel
- London, United Kingdom
- 3rd edition
Other books in this series
17 May 2016
18 Oct 2016
18 Jul 2017
15 Aug 2017
15 Nov 2017
10 Jul 2018
15 Jan 2016
About DK Eyewitness
DK Travel's highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.
Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.
DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.