Current Pediatric Diagnosis & Treatment
This is the most current and concise text in general pediatrics! Thoroughly revised every two years, this complete reference for students and practitioners provides up-to-date clinical information on the inpatient medical care of children. Presented in an easy-to-use, readable format, this authoritative resource emphasizes ambulatory care, acute critical care, and the practical approach to pediatric disorders. This timely, clinically focused text is the ideal reference for current answers to day-to-day questions in pediatrics.
- Paperback | 1420 pages
- 183 x 231 x 39mm | 1,338g
- 03 Oct 2004
- McGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- McGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
- London, United Kingdom
- 17th Revised edition
- 140 Illustrations, unspecified
Table of contents
1. The Newborn Infant 2. Child Development, Behavior Disorders, & Mental Retardation 3. Adolescence 4. Substance Abuse 5. Eating Disorders 6. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Disorders 7. Child Abuse & Neglect 8. Ambulatory and Community Pediatrics 9. Immunization 10. Normal Childhood Nutrition & Its Disorders 11. Emergencies & Injuries 12. Poisoning 13. Critical Care 14. Skin 15. Eye 16. Oral Medicine & Dentistry 17. Ear, Nose, & Throat 18. Respiratory Tract & Mediastinum 19. Cardiovascular Diseases 20. Gastrointestinal Tract 21. Liver & Pancreas 22. Kidney & Urinary Tract 23. Neurologic & Muscular Disorders 24. Orthopedics 25. Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine 26. Rheumatic Diseases 27. Hematologic Disorders 28. Neoplastic Disease 29. Immunodeficiency 30. Endocrine Disorders 31. Diabetes Mellitus 32. Inborn Errors of Metabolism 33. Genetics & Dysmorphology 34. Allergic Disorders 35. Antimicrobial Therapy 36. Infections: Viral & Rickettsial 37. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection 38. Infections: Bacterial & Spirochetal 39. Infections: Parasitic & Mycotic 40. Sexually Transmitted Infections 41. Drug Therapy 42. Fluid, Electrolyte, & Acid-Base Disorders & Therapy 43. Information Technology in Pediatrics 44. Chemistry & Hematology Reference (Normal) Ranges Index
About William W. Hay
William W. Hay, Jr., MD, Professor & Director, Training Porgram in Neonatal-Perinatal medicine & Director, Neonatology Clinical Research Center Myron J. Levin, MD, Professor & Director, Training Program in Pediatric ID Judith M. Sondheimer, MD, Professor & Head, Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, & Nutrition Robin R. Deterding, MD, Associate Professor,Section of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, All of the Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, and The Children's Hospital, Denver