The second edition of COSTUME DESIGN provides a basic introduction to costume design and takes students through the entire process of costume making, beginning with the idea for a costume to the final fit. The text is thoroughly illustrated, providing guidelines for the student for creating the figure and the costume design, examples of many styles of costume presentation, a guide to historical costume shapes, and scale drawings of the basic historical patterns with photos of them made up in muslin. Many theatre departments require all theatre majors take a course in costume design.
- Paperback | 400 pages
- 203.2 x 251.46 x 15.24mm | 703.06g
- 02 Sep 1998
- Cengage Learning, Inc
- Wadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Belmont, CA, United States
- 2nd Revised edition
- illustrations, photos, drawings, index
Table of contents
1. Costume Design: What It is and What It Does. 2. The Costume Approach. 3. Developing the Basic Concept. 4. Developing the Line. 5. Designing the Costume: Color Control. 6. Costume Presentation: Rendering or Final Sketch. 7. Designing for Film and Television. 8. Costume Construction.