Cookery for the Hospitality Industry with CD-ROM
The latest edition of this standard reference for Australian commercial cookery students, as well as those studying vocational courses in schools, reflects the most recent curriculum changes and significant developments in contemporary Australian cuisine. Completely revised and updated, the volume includes many new recipes and a bonus CD-ROM to help address the needs of Australian students more comprehensively.
- Mixed media product | 704 pages
- 170 x 242 x 34mm | 1,301.82g
- 30 Oct 2004
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 5th Revised edition
Table of contents
1. Introduction; 2. Catering hygiene and HACCP principles; 3. Occupational health and safety; 4. Kitchen organisation; 5. Menu planning; 6. Nutrition; 7. Cost control in the commercial kitchen; 8. Methods of cookery; 9. Food preparation and mise en place; 10. Appetisers and salads; 11. Sandwiches and related products; 12. Sauces; 13. Soups; 14. Eggs; 15. Rice, pasta, gnocchi and noodles; 16. Seafood; 17. Poultry; 18. Meat; 19. Game; 20. Vegetables and fruit; 21. Buffet and cold larder; 22. Pastries, cakes and yeast goods; 23. Hot and cold desserts; 24. Cheese; 25. Australian bush foods; 26. Food preservation.