Convent of Jesus and Mary (Delhi)
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The Convent of Jesus and Mary, Delhi, India, often known by the acronym CJM, is a girls' day school in Delhi, India. Established in 1919, it is one of a network of Convents of Jesus and Mary in India, Pakistan, and the UK. The school was founded in 1919 by the order of the Religieuses of Jesus and Mary, a Roman Catholic, at Lyon, France, in October, 1818, by Claudine Th venet (Mary of St. Ignatius). It moved to its current building behind the Sacred Heart Cathedral in 1926. It has 2,000 students and is the alma mater of a number of eminent women in or from India. Situated near the Gol Dak Khana (Round Post Office), its grounds border the St. Columba's School (for boys). As a result, these are considered "sister and brother schools" and many students have siblings in the other school. Saint Claudine Thevenet was the foundress. The school celebrates her feast day on 3 February. Saint Dina Belanger started the congregation.
- Paperback | 68 pages
- 152 x 229 x 4mm | 113g
- 15 Jul 2011
- United States