Contemporary Enzyme Kinetics and Mechanism
Contemporary Enzyme Kinetics and Mechanism, Second Edition presents key articles from Volumes 63, 64, 87, 249, 308 and 354 of Methods in Enzymology. The chapters describe the most essential and widely applied strategies. A set of exercises and problems is included to facilitate mastery of these topics.
The book will aid the reader to design, execute, and analyze kinetic experiments on enzymes. Its emphasis on enzyme inhibition will also make it attractive to pharmacologists and pharmaceutical chemists interested in rational drug design.
Of the seventeen chapters presented in this new edition, ten did not previously appear in the first edition.
* Transient kinetic approaches to enzyme mechanisms
* Designing initial rate enzyme assay
* Deriving initial velocity and isotope exchange rate equations
* Plotting and statistical methods for analyzing rate data
* Cooperativity in enzyme function
* Reversible enzyme inhibitors as mechanistic probes
* Transition-state and multisubstrate inhibitors
* Affinity labeling to probe enzyme structure and function
* Mechanism-based enzyme inactivators
* Isotope exchange methods for elucidating enzymatic catalysis
* Kinetic isotope effects in enzyme catalysis
* Site-directed mutagenesis in studies of enzyme catalysis
- Electronic book text | 703 pages
- 14 May 2014
- Academic Press
- United States
Other books in this series
22 Oct 2009
12 Nov 2009
20 Sep 2010