Congressional Edition Volume 5651

Congressional Edition Volume 5651

List price: US$19.99

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1910 edition. Excerpt: ... have been offered to the school children in the city for the best two essays on Cornwallis day and $5 contributed to the fund for the bronze doors in Continental Hall. Dorothy ftuincy Hancock Chapter, Greenfield, contributed to the fund for the bronze doors for Continental Hall; marked the spot where Capt. William Turner was killed by the Indians in 1676, restored a burial ground where 7 Revolutionary soldiers lie, and secured an appropriation from the town for its perpetual care. Faneuil Hall Chapter, Wakefield, has placed a tablet on the tree at the corner of Vinton and Melrose streets, Melrose Heights, to mark the site of the Upham homestead, built in 1703 by Phineas Upham, whose two sons, Amos and William, marched to Watertown, April 19, 1775, and from thence to resist the Ministerial troops. A tablet on the tree at the corner of Florence and Foster streets, to mark the site of the Ezra Vinton homestead; Thomas, Timothy, and Ezra Vinton were minute men in Capt. Samuel Sprague's company, 1775; and a tablet to Ralph, William, and Richard Sprague, who came from England, 1629, and were the first civilized men who trod upon Melrose soil. They owned here a farm of 150 acres, called "Pond Fields," the first recorded name of Melrose; their descendants were patriots. A fund has been started to be known as the Continental Hall Memorial fund. Fitchburg Chapter, Fitchburg, contributed to Continental Hall fund $5 for the bronze doors. Fort Massachusetts Chapter, North Adams, placed a bowlder in the grounds of the public library, September, 1909, in memory of the Revolutionary patriots of northern Berkshire; a tablet on the building, the second used for public worship, in the northern part of the Adams Township; and contributed to Continental...show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 72 pages
  • 189 x 246 x 4mm | 145g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • Miami Fl, United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 1236562372
  • 9781236562371