- Vivid color photographs with lively captions to illustrate key concepts.
- Includes list of organizations and print, video, and online resources for further investigation.
- Includes thorough glossary, index, and notes on research.
- Great to sell with other Watts Library: U.S. Government & Military books.
Grades 5-8 National Social Studies Standards
Time, Continuity, & Change: II
- Identify and use key concepts such as chronology, causality, change, conflict, and complexity to explain, analyze, and show connections among patterns of historical change and continuity.
- Identify and describe selected historical periods and patterns of change within and across cultures.
Individuals, Groups, & Institutions: V
- Analyze group and institutional influences on people, events, and elements of culture.
- Describe the various forms institutions take and the interactions of people with institutions.
Power, Authority, & Governance: VI
- Describe the purpose of government and how its powers are acquired, used, and justified.
- Identify and describe the basic features of the political system in the United States, and identify representative leaders from various levels and branches of government.
- Paperback | 63 pages
- 193.04 x 228.6 x 5.08mm | 158.76g
- 21 Jan 2008
- Children's Press(CT)
- United States
- Illustrations, unspecified
People who bought this also bought
Other books in Citizenship & Social Education
01 Oct 2015
15 Nov 2007
15 Sep 2011
01 Oct 2015
09 Jul 2014
10 Nov 2011
15 Jul 2009