Colonel Augustus G. Hazard and the Hazard Powder Company - Hardcover Black & White Version
This is the story of the Hazard power Company and the manufacture of black gunpowder. Located in Hazardville, Connecticut, the first mill was built in 1835 by the Loomis Brothers, was acquired by Colonel Augustus Hazard in 1843 and sold to the DuPont's in the late 1800's. During the Civil War, 40% of the gunpowder used by the Union forces was manufactured here in the Connecticut Valley. There are also stories and pictures of some little known events which took place in Hazardville and are depicted for the enjoyment of the reader and those who live in this community.
- Paperback | 312 pages
- 210.82 x 271.78 x 20.32mm | 725.74g
- 20 Jan 2012
- Infinity Publishing (PA)
- United States
- black & white illustrations