Climate Change : What Everyone Needs to Know (R)
This book offers the most up-to-date examination of climate change's foundational science, its implications for our future, and the core clean energy solutions. Alongside detailed but highly accessible descriptions of what is causing climate change, this entry in the What Everyone Needs to Know series answers questions about the practical implications of this growing force on our world:
* How will climate change impact you and your family in the coming decades?
* What are the future implications for owners of coastal property?
* Should you plan on retiring in South Florida or the U.S. Southwest or Southern Europe?
* What occupations and fields of study will be most in demand in a globally warmed world?
* What impact will climate change have on investments and the global economy?
As the world struggles to stem climate change and its effects, everyone will become a part of this story of the century. Here is what you need to know.
- Paperback | 328 pages
- 144 x 211 x 22mm | 344g
- 03 Dec 2015
- Oxford University Press
- Oxford, United Kingdom
Other books in this series
02 Jun 2014
24 Aug 2015
24 Mar 2016
Table of contents
About Joseph Romm
Web's most influential climate-change blogger." In 2009, Rolling Stone put Romm on its list of 100 "people who are reinventing America." Romm was acting assistant secretary of energy in 1997, where he oversaw $1 billion in low-carbon technology development and deployment. He is a Senior Fellow at American Progress and holds a
Ph.D. in physics from MIT.