Chapel-En-Le-Frith Railway Station
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Chapel-en-le-Frith railway station south east of Manchester Piccadilly on the Buxton Line from Manchester. It was built in 1863 for the LNWR on its line from Whaley Bridge to Buxton. as an extension of the Stockport, Disley and Whaley Bridge Railway. In 1867, the Midland Railway built a station on the Sheffield and Midland Railway Companies' Committee line from Millers Dale to Chinley. The town therefore had a main line connection from Manchester to London featuring expresses such as the 'Palatine' and the 'Peaks'. However, with the closure of the ex Midland route from Chinley to Rowsley to passenger traffic in 1967, Central station was closed. The Midland line is still in situ and used for freight to and from Peak Forest.
- Paperback | 76 pages
- 152 x 229 x 5mm | 122g
- 03 Sep 2011
- United States