Challow Railway Station

Challow Railway Station

List price: US$45.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Challow railway station is a former railway station 2 miles south of the village of Stanford in the Vale on the A417 road between Wantage and Faringdon. It is named after the villages of West Challow and East Challow, which are 1.5 miles and 2.5 miles southeast respectively of the former station. When the Great Western Railway extended its main line from Reading through the Vale of White Horse in 1840 it opened the station as Faringdon Road station. After the Faringdon Railway between Uffington and Faringdon railway station opened in 1864, the GWR renamed Faringdon Road "Challow" to avoid confusion.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 112 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 7mm | 177g
  • Dicho
  • United States
  • English
  • 6136623161
  • 9786136623160