Ch Teau de Champs-Sur-Marne

Ch Teau de Champs-Sur-Marne

Edited by 

List price: US$56.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The Ch teau de Champs, at Champs-sur-Marne was built in its present form for the treasurer Charles Renouard de la Touane in 1699 by Pierre Bullet, architecte du roi. After the first proprietor's bankruptcy, another financier, Paul Poisson de Bourvalais, took up the project. Jean-Baptiste Bullet de Chamblain, the son of Pierre Bullet, finished Champs in 1706. Ten years later, Paul Poisson was in the Bastille on charges of embezzlement and the ch teau was seized by the Crown. In 1718, it was sold to the princesse de Conti, natural daughter of King Louis XIV of France and his first official mistress, Louise de La Valli re. That same year, however, the princess cancelled a debt by deeding Champs to her first cousin, the duc de la Valli reshow more

Product details

  • Paperback | 116 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 7mm | 181g
  • Frac Press
  • United States
  • English
  • 6134920746
  • 9786134920742