Census of England and Wales, 1871; (33 & 34 Vict. C. 107.) ... Volume 2

Census of England and Wales, 1871; (33 & 34 Vict. C. 107.) ... Volume 2

List price: US$20.51

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1872 edition. Excerpt: ... in Preston Candover and Dummer is attributed chiefly to the reduction of large households and the migration of young adults. Popham parish includes Popham barracks. 108. Whitchurch. h Additional house accommodation has been provided by the mil way company and other proprietors in the parish of Ashe. 'The increase of population in the parishes of Laverstoko and Freefolk Manor is owing to the larger number of persons employed at the Bank of England paper mills. k The parish of Whitchurch includes Freefolk Priors and Cold Henley. 1 Tufton Warren is in Tufton parish, the population of which and of the odjoining rarish, Hurstbourne-Priors, has decreased owing to a large paper mill which employed a number of people in 1861, being closed in 1871. "The parish of St. Mary Bourne comprises places called Stoke, Binley, Egbury, Bourne, and Week. 109. Asdovrr. The decrease of population in the parish of Longparish, which includes Forton and Middleton, is attributed to the migration of young adults, chiefly to service or to the iron districts in the north. 0 The parish of Barton-Stacey includes Bramsbury, Newton-Stacey, and Drayton. f The population of Chilbolton parish has been reduced by tho migration of young people, and the dismantling of somo cottages. 1 Tho increase of population in Good worth-Clatford, Upper Clatford, and Abbotts Ann parishes is attributed to improved railway communication, to the opening of the Upper Clatford Paper Mill, and to the enlargement of the Waterloo ironworks. 8 cottages, destroyed by fire at Abbotts Ann, have not been rebuilt. The parish of Amport includes East Choldcrton. "Park House, containing 3 houses with is inhabitants in 1871 was formerly extraparochial but has been incorporated with the parish of...show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 72 pages
  • 189 x 246 x 4mm | 145g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 1236781708
  • 9781236781703