Carterton Railway Station (Oxfordshire)

Carterton Railway Station (Oxfordshire)

Edited by 

List price: US$49.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Carterton railway station was a railway station just north of the village of Black Bourton on the line between Witney and Fairford. The station had two stone-built platforms, a passing loop, and a concrete station building. Built next to the Carterton to Black Bourton road less than two miles from Brize Norton and Bampton railway station, the station was opened on 2 October 1944, to serve the recently constructed RAF Brize Norton. British Railways closed the station on 18 June 1962. The station building was converted in the 1980s into stabling.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 88 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 5mm | 141g
  • Dict
  • United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 613568163X
  • 9786135681635