Bulletin of Wake Forest College, Vol. 8 : April, 1913; Catalogue, Seventy-Eighth Session, 1912-13 (Classic Reprint)
Excerpt from Bulletin of Wake Forest College, Vol. 8: April, 1913; Catalogue, Seventy-Eighth Session, 1912-13 Wait was chosen Principal. The Convention placed the entire management of the property in the hands of a self perpetuating Board of Trustees. On February 3, 1834, Principal Wait opened the Institute with sixteen students. For several years the only buildings were those of the farm. For the first year Principal Wait was the only teacher. Others were added as the institution grew. For five years the manual labor feature was continued, but without suc cess. The number of students, however, increased rapidly for two years, reaching 143, and then fell off to 41. In 1838 the manual labor feature was abolished and the Insti tute was rechartered as Wake Forest College. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Paperback | 128 pages
- 152 x 229 x 7mm | 181g
- 10 Dec 2017
- Forgotten Books
- 30 Illustrations; Illustrations, black and white