Brize Norton and Bampton Railway Station

Brize Norton and Bampton Railway Station

Edited by 

List price: US$42.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Brize Norton and Bampton railway station was a railway station 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the village of Brize Norton on the East Gloucestershire Railway between Witney and Fairford. The station had two stone-built platforms, a station building and a goods shed. The station was opened on 15 January 1873 and was originally named Bampton, although it was 2 miles (3.2 km) north of that village. In 1884 a similarly named station at Bampton, Devon was opened; but it was not until 2 July 1906 that the Oxfordshire station was distinguished by being renamed Bampton (Oxon). In 1937 the Royal Air Force opened RAF Brize Norton, so on 1 May 1940 the Great Western Railway renamed the station as Brize Norton and Bampton.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 72 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 4mm | 118g
  • Cred Press
  • United States
  • English
  • 6135697579
  • 9786135697575